Back in the days when explorers were sailing off to find new land and pirates roamed the high seas, many of them got scurvy – a disease caused by not enough vitamin C.
So what does a pirate’s life have to do with a student’s life?
For some of you this might be a new story and for others you might remember back in 2008 when a university student from Windsor got scurvy (Yes just like pirates).
It turns out you cannot live on chicken wings and beer.
Fun maybe, but scurvy not so much!
Anyway this true story motivated Kim Zarzour and Sharon McKay to write a book called Good to Go! It is full of great advice on everything you need to know before you head off to post-secondary – or really head off anywhere.
The Juggle team read the Good to Go.
And just to give an idea of what you will find in this book, here are a few sections they found helpful:
- What to consider when living with a roommate
- The dos and don’ts of cooking in a cubicle
- Fixing up your cooking screw-ups
- The dark side of energy drinks
- What to keep in your medicine cabinet
- Fast medical help
- The entire section on finance!!!!!
- Staying healthy while traveling
So even though it has been several years since this book first hit the shelf, it has a wealth of information that will give you a student life and not pirate life.